Welcome to episode 16 of the #UpYourBrave Livestream Panel. It’s great to have three fabulous guests share their insights and tips about Wealth Mindset In Times of Change.
Michelle Mortlock aka “the Midas Touch Mentor” has worked with thousands of business owners, from solopreneurs starting on their journey to stock exchange listed corporates. Her 25+ years in the chartered accountancy field, together with practical experience in a number of businesses has provided a strong foundation to focus on both the profitability of any organisation/business as well as the transformation of the organisation leader/business owner. Michelle aims to INSPIRE people to transform their relationship with money to BELIEVE anything is possible, regardless of what goals they’ve set for themselves.
In this episode Michelle mentions:
- Money is freedom, and that’s a big motivator for lots of people. Most business owners get overwhelmed quite quickly when they start to think about how they’re going to make more money. Make a plan – cut down the big goals into a 90 day plan, then create three smaller goals and just work on them each week. From there when you set your next plan the goals get bigger and bigger.
- Live in the now. Don’t think about all of the things that could happen, because you’ll end up derailed from where you want to go. Instead, think about what to do now to move forward, and to know where you’re going. As you start to put the numbers toward your goal, it will happen. By living in the now and knowing what numbers you need to achieve it makes a big difference. Don’t fear what could happen, instead look at what can be done today to earn some money.
Andrew Baird is a business coach, speaker and best-selling international author who’s been involved in businesses for 20+ years, taking him from his home in Auckland through Australia and the US, including Wall Street in New York. Investing in multiple start ups with his most successful now trading for over $500M, Andrew has a wealth of experience in starting and growing businesses. He’s bought and sold, partnered and used licensing to rapidly grow his businesses. Andrew discovered personal development in his teens and has trained extensively on what makes us tick and how we can change our behaviours to get the results we want in life.
In this episode Andrew mentions:
- Fundamentals first, particularly with the amount of chaos there is right now. If you’re investing in things, make sure it’s things you understand; spend less than you earn. It comes down to the basic stuff that you need to get right.
- Opportunities second. Once your fundamentals are sorted, then take a look at the opportunities. What’s been on the back burner or what have businesses not had the time to do that’s now possible because of extra time/capacity or stock? It can be a good time to partner with another business to create more opportunities. It‘s about having an open mindset around what other opportunities are there – how can you expand what’s possible?
Donna Ghaemaghamy is passionate about helping women to reach their full potential and become financially independent. She’s built a successful, leveraged 7-figure business and an 8-figure investment portfolio off the back of a global business community. Coming from a self-employed background she’s aware of all the challenges and the many hats that women today have to juggle, both personally and professionally. Donna provides a comprehensive and proven business platform for women who are looking for a solution in finding a way to becoming financially secure especially during the next few years as we navigate through the global downturn.
You can find Donna here: https://www.facebook.com/DonnaGhaemaghamy
In this episode Donna mentions:
- We’re fed lots of stories around money as we go through life, and even the most positive person can have money blocks. People reach different plateaus – whether they’re someone who earns the same amount of money each year, or what they earn has been going up year after year and then suddenly balances out (and they reach what they think is their limit) or they’re successful and doing really well but unknowingly self sabotage and things come crashing down. So you’ve got to recognize where you’re at and work on those money blocks.
- Close your eyes and envisage a wealthy person, what do you see? Everyone has a different view to what wealthy looks like, so if there’s a disconnect for you around the stories you tell yourself and where you want to get to, start looking at people that are wealthy that you can resonate with to retrain yourself.
- Even if it’s just $20, acknowledge and be grateful for all of the money you receive – give a moment to yourself to say wow it’s $20, because it’s $20 more than you had before. Everything coming in is good – track it by writing down what you’re getting in every day.
Natalie Cutler-Welsh is your host, speaker, author, impact entrepreneur and mother of 3. Aka the Go to Girl and the Up Your Brave Mentor, Nat helps people to Amplify their Impact, business and wellness with her Amplify Membership and Essential Oils.
In this episode Nat mentions:
- Think of five people you know or know of who you consider to be ‘wealthy’. It might not be money, they might be fun/energetic/amazing or have really rich relationships. Write down their names and also why you consider that person to be wealthy. The words that you write are an indication to the things that you care about. From there, reach out to one of those people and spend a bit more time with them.
- Shift how you show up. Consider physically what you’re wearing and what you have around you. Try with intention a little metal (gold, silver, bling etc) around you whether it’s what you wear or in your home decor, as it shifts your energy, language and the way you show up.
This is one of the #UpYourBrave livestream series designed to help raise the state of resilience, health and happiness on a global level.
You can also find more recommended tools and resources here.